For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is:
NestEgg Limited is registered in England and Wales as:
NestEgg Limited (No. 10427741)
7-12 Tavistock Square
London, United Kingdom, WC1H 9BQ
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes the information you provide when you register on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number.
During each of your visits to our site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plugin types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time) products you viewed or searched for page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we provide to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Although we do not use credit bureau information directly to assess credit or account opening, we do provide access to bureau services for our clients. We may also use this information to prove the identity and prevent fraudulent use of our products and services.
For these purposes we use TransUnion (formerly Callcredit). You can read a copy of their privacy notice here:
Disclosure of your information
We will never share your information with third parties.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received information about you, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.